Saturday, March 26, 2011

Center pieces=Animal Cruelty

So a of weeks ago, I was talking to my mom about wedding themes and I mentioned that themes are retarded,   because they are, and that I just wanted GOLDFISH! I had this adorable idea of having cute tiny goldfish swimming around in vases on the tables with floating candles and flowers. I'll post pictures later. Today I stopped at PetCo to inquire about the cost of Fancy Goldfish and how to make sure that 20 would be there on the day needed. I explained that I was getting married and needed them for the centerpieces. The PetCo employee looked me down as though I was a MURDERER! She then explained that PetCo did not permit purchasing their animals for such uses, as this is clearly ANIMAL CRUELTY. Like the what the heck?! To make matters better, she tells that I would be allowed to use their goldfish feeder fish for my centerpiece. But I'm thinking who's to decide which type of fish is worth living! This clearly reassures that the world is superficial and shallow. Now this is where it gets good. I go home to tell my beautiful room mate D about the prejudice experience at PetCo. When I asked her to guess what happened to me, she responds with excitement, thinking that PetCo would be as nice as to give the goldfish as gift. Uh no. I tell her the story and then decide to call my mom. And here's the conversation...
Me: So...I went PetCo and told them that I was getting married this summer
Mom: Uhhh why would you tell them that?
Me: Mom! Because I need goldfish.
Mom: For what?
Me: THE CENTERPIECES! :) I told you about them.
Mom: Ohhhh real goldfish?
Me: Uhhh duh. What else were you thinking?
Mom: I thought you meant goldfish crackers.
Me: WHAT!?!!?!
Mom: Sorry...I guess I'm just child minded.
D: (in the background) Wait you told her the idea, she thought cracker goldfish, and STILL thought the idea was cute!?!
Mom: Oh well real goldfish are a good idea too...

We love my mom....

No comments:

Post a Comment